Friday, August 15, 2008

The Start of a New Beginning (Zimah)

A little introduction from Moi. My name is Zimah. I was first catapulted into the Gay Club during my first few months at PTEB. I was fresh and different as I came from another district, KB so yeah, it was hard for me fitting in. I didn't have many friends and I stuck out like a sore thumb. Elaine, Nesh and I shared the same EAS class and I found out that Elaine had the same PS block as I did. I didn't know Nesh very well that time. Usually I would head straight to the Library during my PS but Elaine brought me to the canteen to sit down with her friends. The memory's fuzzy but if I'm not mistaken, I remember that Pirah, Saidi and Nesh were at the table during my first arrival. I didn't know them so mostly I just stayed quiet.

After PS, I had block 3 Maths. I then realised that I had the same class with Saidi and he was the boy who sat behind me. Who would have thought? It's so ironic. He was the guy who usually got top marks for his Maths and I would always pass his paper to him. haha~ I missed those memories...

Anyway, I found out that I was being transfered from my block 5 Biology to block 2. My PS! Nooo~ Well, I took it very hard. I had acquaintances in my Biology class so I had to start again... fresh in my now block 5 Biology. I had a tough time adjusting. I couldn't go to the Library since by some unknown phenomenon, during PS block 5 the Library was chock full of students and some were there just to chat. It irked me. They were just wasting space.

So I spent PS without learning... How horrible. I told my group tutor Mdm Ooi (also my Maths teacher) about it and she agreed to speak to Mrs. Liew (Head of Biology, who transfered me) about it. Mrs. Liew was worried and transfered me back to my good old block 5 Biology class. I had my PS block 2 again and I was thrilled. The main reason for my re-transfer was because of my acquaintances but I had to admit I was curious to see those new faces at PS again. They were interesting people.

Pirah and I hit it off pretty well because we had a common ground. Chips and Rogut! She's the spunkiest girl I've ever met and it was a big relief to my boring loneliness. Saidi, bless his heart, accepted me so easily and we walked to Maths together after that. I am forever grateful to his kindness. Nesh was the funny girl next door and I enjoyed her company talking about random stuff. Sham, Baby Alai and Shadab were new faces at the table for me. It took a while for me get used to them. I knew Sham from music club, he kept playing my keyboard. haha~ =.=" Baby Alai was the sweet girl who joined in on the Chips Rogut obsession. Shadab was well... Shadab! It was the start of a new beginning.

No comments: