Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm Okay... (Zimah)

I went to school today, I didn't want to miss anything as we are nearing to our Finals. Maybe the teachers are dropping hints and tips and I certainly did not want to miss that out! Especially for my Chemistry...

Upon reaching school and dumping my bags, I did my routine. I waved to Asri who was at his usual place at the corridor and I visited class A.2.1 where Jazz and the others were waiting for me. Elaine didn't want to talk about what happened yesterday, claiming it wasn't fun without me. It was very thoughtful of her to try and not hurt my feelings. I must have looked really fragile this morning. Everyone kept their guard up and was careful to not mention his name. I told her it was okay and that I already knew but she just shrugged it off. The conversation about my absence yesterday ended there and Jazz and I walked around school. I met Sham and he asked if I'd been crying. haha~ No, Sham. I was ill.

Mdm. Ooi commented on how sickly pale I looked. haha~ She was dead on. The fever totally killed my appetite but I was always thirsty, as if I had been walking in the desert for months. My skin was all dry and even after 20+ of sleep, I was tired. Maths flew by and I enjoyed the revision, it was refreshing and I'm not being sarcastic. English was... Dull. Yes, that's the right word for it, I would have fallen asleep if it weren't so noisy in class. I spent my break with my girlfriends teasing Jeerah about a certain someone :P and did more revision during my Biology. After my last lesson of the day (Chemistry), which was full of helpful hints by Mr. Oscar, I had lunch with Jazz.

I wasn't really planning on eating as the very thought of food makes my stomach do back flips but I had to if I was to take my medicine. I got my usual Milo Ping and... Spring Rolls! New menu~ After eating one, I downed my antibiotics and paracetamol tablets which tasted icky... I drank half of my Milo and weighed if I should eat another Spring Roll. "For energy.", Jazz said. Fine but after eating half of it, my stomach lurched. Ugh, bad idea. The third, I thought will be my dinner. A strong gust of wind blew the flimsy plastic top of my Milo and I was forced to drink it like I would from a cup. I had a laugh about it releasing the tension clouding the atmosphere. Nesh kept looking over at me and I assured her that I was okay. "But your post was so sad and so emotional." (Sigh) Now, I got everyone worried... Sorry guys~ "I'm okay."I assured her, like I did to everyone else today. "You must have practised saying that yesterday." Nesh joked. Okay, maybe I did. But really, I was holding up, I made a promise yesterday and I intend to keep it this time.

I stayed back during my PS block, accompanying Jeerah to the Library. It was like a walk to memory lane when Jeerah lead me to a very familiar table. It was the very table that Saidi and I used when he taught me Mean and Standard Deviation for our first assessment. Awww~ My breath hitched and I sat at the same place I sat many months before. I shivered, the place I sat was cold and Jeerah offered to move but I stopped her, saying how this table had old memories. I didn't want to move. She had accidentally mentioned his name and quickly looked over at my expression, apologising. My mouth was a thin line and I sucked back air and let it out again. "It's okay, I'm fine." I wondered it I was assuring Jeerah or myself this time.

I took out my Biology and did some revision but then there was a whole lot of a commotion as both seniors and juniors rushed to every available computer and laptop. That distracted me from my work. What the blazes was going on? It was like everyone was going bonkers. I kept hearing 'AS' and 'O Levels' and then it hit me! The results were out! I thought of my friends back in KB and texted them. The Library was so emotional... There was lots of crying and groaning, only a few were happy and excited. I then wondered what Khairul's results were. I was crossing my fingers for him to get a B and above for English. He'd worked so hard on it and I prayed silently for his success. Jeerah and I decided to find out what Khairul's grades were and we hunted for free laptops amongst the jungle of eagerness but to no avail. In the end, we finally got one! Yay~ The senior was kind enough to help us search for Khairul's results and he got... (drum rolls) A B for his English! Alhamdulillah! Good job, Khairul! I texted Saidi to share with him the great news, I just couldn't contain the happiness. He too, was ecstatic! We are so proud of you Khai!

Then I saw Qieb enter the Library and not a second after that, Khairul! I ran over to him telling him the great news. He wouldn't believe it and I gave him the Scout's Honour and swore that I wasn't lying. That smile on his face was brighter than any Sun. We sat down talking about O Levels and Zimo's awesome AAB grades. He got a freaking A for his Chemistry, I was beyond jealous and vowed to work harder on my Chemistry. Khairul was still bummed out about getting just a passing grade on his Maths though even when I convinced him that it wasn't worth it as he took the 3 sciences. But Khairul, as stubborn as a mule kept nagging on how he wanted a credit for Maths. He said he was going to retake it next year and asked Qieb to join. Qieb voiced out that she's planning to take her English O Level next year for fun despite having a C. "I want a B." She said. Come on Qieb, aim for A! I kept telling them it was a waste of money and time but they both said it will make our grades look nicer. "Fine. I'll retake all my subjects (except for English) and turn them all into A's!" I proclaimed. Then we planned to retake our O Levels next year. I bet that little statement will be long forgotten by next year. =D

So, we exited the Library at 2.30 and spread the word on Khairul's success. Don't be embarrassed about it Khai! It's your time! =)

See Sai, I'm not going to post up sad things for you to read. I'm perfectly fine so no need to worry about me but that doesn't mean you should forget me! Thank you for yesterday, I really appreciate it. In case you've forgotten... I miss you and I love you, Sai!

No comments: